What are the biggest challenges you face when sourcing wines and spirits for a distributor such as Amazon China?
· China is a developing market. Not only the consumer but also the supply chain. Fulfil the real demand of the consumer and gain the understanding amount distributors the real value of the ecommerce are the major challenge.
According to Wine Intelligence China has around 21 million online wine buyers, what are the expectations of these customers and how do you believe online sellers in China need to evolve to further grow their market share
The real and authentic wine are the expectations of the consumers. The advantage of the e-commerce are the selections and better value.
What do you think are the major forces driving recovery in the consumer market after the austerity-era decline in wine sales?
The market before that, are full of bubble. It’s not true and it’s not real. The major forces are the growth of the economic, the change of the drinking behavior and the wishes of better life quality.
What advice would you give producers who are looking to break into the Chinese market?
· Respect the market, it will pay your back.
What trends and preferences are you seeing amongst younger ‘developing’ wine drinkers in China?
· The market are too big and too young to have a trend or preference. The brands, importer, distributors are not strong enough to create such a thing.
What do you think have been the biggest changes over the past 10 years in the consumer market in China?
· Certain part like shanghai, the market mature very quickly in last 10 years. But the rest, the much large part, the change are very difficult to observed.
What do you think will be the biggest changes over the next 10 years in the consumer market in China?
· It’s still a young market, general consumer mature very very slowly. A lot of patient are required to develop the market.